HAT Data Exchange Ltd’s (HATDeX) mission is to support, maintain and operate the HATDeX Platform, a set of technology products that facilitates the acquisition, storage, aggregation and consumption of person-controlled personal data held by HAT owners.
HATDeX operates under licence from the HAT Community Foundation, a members’ organisation that sets the top-level requirements for the trust framework. HATDeX and HATCF together form the ‘HAT Foundation’ acting in the community interest to regulate, grow and manage the HATDeX platform.
HATDEX as the operator of the Platform is responsible for:
- ensuring that services on the Ecosystem are interoperable between all HATs and HAT Providers
- ensuring data exchanges between all entities in the ecosystem are speedy, secure and smooth
- providing metadata services to grow and facilitate data exchanges
- Being a HPP as the ‘best practice’ implementation of the Baseline Technology, supported by the Rumpel® HAT Dashboard, and provisioning HATs (HATDeX HATs) through HAT-as-a-Service
- Enabling and supporting new cross application functionalities, data exchanges, data repositories, views, analysis and intelligence for HAT owners.
- Maintaining and updating the open sourced HAT baseline technology (‘Baseline Technology’)
HAT Database Schema — a specification and logic, including a taxonomy for organising all types of personal and publicly available data into a single, coherent data scheme
HAT API (Application Programming Interface) — is the set of routines, protocols, and tools for building Apps on the HAT Private Microserver Database Account, including APIs for inbound data (for data sources) outbound data and for data management
HAT Inbound Data Plugs — are routines and protocols to allow inbound data into the HAT Private Microserver Database Account
HAT Dashboard — is a native App that facilitates the organisation and visualisation of data held on the HAT Private Microserver Database Account